Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dia de Los Muertos



I live in Mexico.....you thought it was California. Think again.
I live, not immersed, but surrounded by a culture that gives me many opportunities to dabble.
Today, I dabble in the experience of Dia de los Muertos. Day of the Dead.

Today is not yesterday. Thankfully.



Today I am in a great place of celebration of Sam and my momma.
My mom's touch is all around me. In my head too! She was a dynamo.
Sam...well today we want to celebrate Sam with food.
Mexican families go to the cemetery and have picnics on the graves of their departed, eating their favorite foods.
The list of Sam's faves is, well, not in congruence with my highest good! A couple of things that I'm not gonna eat today that he loved:

California burrito from Santanas
A Double Double from you know where!!

I won't eat chard 'cuz he hated it.
Maybe we'll have shepherd's pie for dinner. He loved it and created a lot of yummy versions of it.

We don't have an altar set up in the garden, yet. So I just frolic out there and putter to honor his great big spirit.

I am thankful for the gift that he is. How he reminds me to celebrate life and not to be so maudlin.
You are the Best Sam. The Best. Keep showing me the Good Life and I continue to celebrate your Good Life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment