Sunday, December 11, 2011

Calm Acceptance

I am happy to arrive at Sunday morning.
My husband is on his weekly call with his bestie in Florida....Do men have besties?? Yes, of course.
My daughter is snug in her bed covered in blankets dreaming her last dreams of the night.
My roommate will be stirring soon, get herself ready and be off for another epic day.
Hawks, jays and crows greet the day in their way. The sky is a shroud of gray pregnent with the coming storm.
Sunday is a great day to reflect and embody the gifts for the week gone by. It is a great day for preparation for what is to be in the week ahead. Perhaps you do this religiously. Sundays were my prep days when we were a homeschool family. It is a familiar ritual for my life.
My journal reflects more personal aspects of my reflections. I don't ned to be so naked here in cyberspace. Some things, many things, are meant for inner musings and not conversation or broadcasting! Just sayin'!

I search for the right expression of this reflection. I want to write it just so. So that I can really receive the bigger gift....the golden ticket.

I made my last trip to the desert for the year. Happily I zoomed across the landscape making a nice big circle of the trip. I am a backroads girl and one of my faves is S2 from Hwy 79 to Hwy 78 east of the Laguna Mountains. San Felipe Canyon is a lovely drive. Just enough curves and very light traffic
I am driving my new car and finding the feeling for the speed limits. You know how it feels to drive 55 or 60 in your car, without seeing the odometer. Well...I think this is one of the gifts of my week.
I stopped to film some cows along the road. The ranchers are Scott's newest client, so it was a silly treat for Scott. I pulled away from the side of the road and got myself back up to speed. Actually I got myself past the limit. Way past!!
When the Sheriff passed me, on his way back to the station, he knew it.
He had a radar!! (FYI)

Foot off the gas, braking after he goes around the curve, so he might not see the brake lights and just keep going. Then...the light show goes on and he pulls a u-turn.
At that moment, in earlier days of my life I would have behaved unconsciously. Adrenalin, heart racing, worry. But not this time. I knew that it would be fine. I knew that I didn't want a ticket. I had no fear and I was so calm that it surprised me.

We had a calm and civil interaction. He told me to slow down and sent me on my way. We wished each other Merry Christmas.

Stunned or...well, not the opposite of stunned. Simply impressed. I have come a long way.

I am living as...
Happiness
Clarity
Joy
Order
Wisdom

Thank you for your love and support beloved Universal Love, Wisdom and Creativity.
YOU ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment