Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tententen-an homage


Love is in the air.
Wedding bells, DJs, caterers.
I officiated a wedding on Saturday in the Temecula Valley Wine Country. The couple is so beautiful that I am sharing a photo for your pleasure.

I didn't really get to know them very well. It was a rather quick courtship, ours...not theirs! I was there to be of service. To serve those who serve. Just make it a short ceremony please!

Marines in Dress Blues. Those young men looked so sharp and were covered with medals. That was an incredible honor for me. I was impressed, humbled and awed. The bride, well, she is absolutely gorgeous.

My Dad was a Marine. The ethic lives on in him. He is a strong man. Full of determination. Oh! yes! and he's stubborn!! That is something he passed on to me. Thank you very much.

I celebrate his birthday today. He's 73 on Ten Ten Ten. An auspicious birthday to be sure.
I love it that I was part of a Marine's wedding ceremony with on my Dad's birthday weekend. It felt like a fitting homage to him.

Happy Birthday Dad. Rock On!!!




1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I didn't know you were an officiant!? I wish I had known... I would have asked you to do us the honor of officiating our wedding! I'm glad it was a good day and wedding for you!
    love,
    chels

    ReplyDelete