Friday, November 26, 2010

More plants than I can believe



The greenhouse is packed with plants. It looks like the greenhouse of my dreams! We have so much food in there that I am giddy with excitement!
The greenhouse is attached to the front of the house. It's a temporary structure and sort of modular so that we can move it when we move. It has a new roof today after we attached a new-to-us piece of plastic to it. Our friend at a local greenhouse gave us a big piece of plastic to re-cover the structure. We rescued this plastic from the local landfill and re-purposed it. We're really good a that!! Scott has such a talent for designing these things. He surprises me all the time.
Now that cool little structure is full of our winter veggies. Cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli and so much more.
The other photo shows a really posh shot of the front of our house from the east side. It looks like a real estate brochure.
I dressed one of the palms with the new lights and it looks great. The street is really dark so the neighbor's lights and ours are quite charming.


Bring on the holidays. All of 'em. They will be a delight this year. I can feel it!


No comments:

Post a Comment